Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Service Agreement with Wi-Fiber. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document Wi-Fiber may suspend or terminate your account.
Wi-Fiber, Inc, d/b/a Wi-Fiber and its affiliates (“WI-FIBER”) are committed to being the best possible network citizens. The Acceptable Use Policy, (the “Policy”) for WI-FIBER Services, is designed to help protect WI-FIBER, it’s customers, and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by WI-FIBER. WI-FIBER reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at https://wi-fiber.io/legal/acceptable-use-policy/ .
When using WI-FIBER Internet access services, chat rooms, message boards, newsgroups, software libraries, personal web pages or any other message or communication services that may be available to the Customer on or through WI-FIBER network Services (collectively, the “Services”), the Customer is prohibited from engaging in certain activities which include, but are not limited to, those described in this Acceptable Use Policy.
For the purposes of this Acceptable Use Policy, a “Customer” is an individual or organization that has an Internet service agreement or other contract with WI-FIBER for use of the Services, or otherwise uses the network services.
If the Customer engages in any of the prohibited activities described below it may, at the sole discretion of WI-FIBER and without notice to the Customer, result in the immediate (1) restriction, suspension or termination of the Customer’s use of the Services (including without limitation the Customer’s WI-FIBER Internet access), without compensation to the Customer, (2) blocking or filtering of the Customer’s content, data or materials, (3) application of complaint processing fees, disconnection fees and additional service charges to the Customer’s account, (4) deletion of the Customer’s content, data or materials from WI-FIBER servers, or (5) involvement of law enforcement agencies. Such activities may also result in civil or criminal liability. The foregoing applies notwithstanding any language or term to the contrary contained in any agreement that the Customer may have with WI-FIBER.
The Customer is responsible for use of the network Services by any third party who directly or indirectly utilizes the Services provided by WI-FIBER to the Customer, whether or not such use has been authorized by the Customer. By accepting service from WI-FIBER, Customer is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy.
Prohibited Uses of WI-FIBER Systems and Services:
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws. WI-FIBER complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and provides strict enforcement of reported violations.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE”, “spam”). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through WI-FIBER’s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on WI-FIBER’s servers, is prohibited. WI-FIBER accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by WI-FIBER customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any WI-FIBER-hosted domain, or referencing any WI-FIBER account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., “cracking”).
- Falsifying address information, modifying message headers to conceal the Customer’s identity or impersonating others, for the purpose of circumventing this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any WI-FIBER customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the WI-FIBER network or on another provider’s network.
- Using WI-FIBER’s Services to interfere with the use of the WI-FIBER network by other customers or authorized users.
- You may not directly or indirectly reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, provision, resell, rent, lend, pledge, transfer, distribute or exploit any portion of the Service without WI-FIBER’s prior written consent.
- You may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use the Service for illegal or improper activities or for any purpose or in any manner prohibited by this AUP. You may not permit your network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use the Service in an illegal or improper manner or for any purpose or in any manner prohibited by this AUP.
- You may not access illegally, or without authorization, computers, accounts, equipment or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate security measures of another system (Hacking). This includes any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration, including, but not limited to, port scans, stealth scans, or other information gathering activity.
- You may not use the Service to upload files or transmit any material that contains viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or other code that manifests contaminating or destructive properties. Also, activities that disrupt the use of or interfere with the ability of others to effectively use the Node or any connected network, system, service, or equipment are not permitted.
Reporting Violations. Wi-Fiber requests that any person who becomes aware of a violation of this AUP report the information to WI-FIBER at email@example.com . If available, please provide the IP address used to commit the alleged violation and the date and time of the alleged violation. WI-FIBER may take any appropriate action as it deems fit in its sole discretion, including, but not limited to, one or more of the following actions in response to a report: issue a warning; suspend the subscriber’s newsgroup posting privileges; suspend the subscriber’s account; terminate the subscriber’s account; bill the subscriber for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges; bring appropriate legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by violations; or take no action.
Notices and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement. Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) (as amended), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to Wi-Fiber’s Designated Agent at the following address:
Durham, Jones, and Pinegar, P.C.
P.O. Box 4050
Salt Lake City, Utah 84110
Interpretation. The terms and provisions of this AUP are intended as guidelines and are not meant to be exhaustive. Generally, conduct that violates law, regulation, or the accepted norms and ethics of the Internet community or the community at large, whether or not expressly mentioned in this AUP, is prohibited. We reserve the right at all times, with or without notice, to prohibit activities that damage our commercial reputation and goodwill or that affect the quality of our services or our ability to provide services.
Monitoring Use. Wi-Fiber has no obligation to monitor anyone’s use of the Service or retain the content of any user session. However, WI-FIBER reserves the right at all times and without notice to delete any content and to monitor, review, retain and/or disclose any content or other information in WI-FIBER’s possession, however obtained, about or related to you, your use of the Service or otherwise as WI-FIBER deems necessary or useful to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.